Monday, January 25, 2010

Kahlua Cake Cookies


Yep! Cookies. I wasn’t quite ready for another cake so soon after the Rum Cake, but since Bob decided he was going to finish off the last of the chocolate chip cookies I made, I decided on Kahlua Cake.


I knew there was a way to turn cake mix into cookie dough and I found it. The ingredients used for the cookies are a little different than for the cake, but the taste is insanely delicious, so I will probably be experimenting on other cake mixes and add-ins for more cookie adventures.


 
Kahlua Cake


1 box German chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
½ cup Kahlua
1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate chips or 1 disk of chopped Mexican chocolate
Powdered sugar
Freshly made whipped cream, optional

Mix first six ingredients then add chocolate chips and blend in well. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Pour in batter and bake in 350º F. oven for 1 hour. After cake is cooled, sift powdered sugar on top. Top with whipped cream if desired.

Instruction for Converting Cake Mix into Cookie Dough
http://www.ehow.com/how_4869707_convert-cake-mix-cookie-dough.html

Grease a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You can also use vegetable oil spray or parchment sheets instead of grease, if desired.

Mix together 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mixing the wet ingredients together first helps prevent dry pockets of mix from occurring in your dough.

Add the cake mix to the wet ingredients and stir until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. You can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. Flavored cake mixes, such as lemon and strawberry, work just as well as the traditional chocolate, white and yellow cake mixes.

Include any optional ingredients at this point. You can add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, raisins, oatmeal, shredded coconut or anything else to make your cookies taste as though they have been made from scratch. Mix well after adding optional ingredients.

Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place them on the greased cookie sheet. You can use a teaspoon to help you make the cookies a uniform size, or may want to use a cookie scoop. Place the cookies at least 1 inch apart to allow for spreading as the cookies bake.

Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven when they are slightly browned on the bottom and place them on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating.

Note:  I followed these instructions eliminating the chocolate pudding and sour cream from the basic cake recipe. Instead of adding vanilla to the dough I added 1 (slightly overflowing) tablespoon of Kahlua. Then I continued to shape the cookie balls and bake as directed. It’s kind of Kahlua Cake To-Go. Enjoy.


Bob's given these a thumbs up, so I guess they're pretty good.  I love cookies.

11 comments:

Gloria Chadwick said...

Totally Awesome!!!
I would have made Kahlua Cake Cookies, too, but you drank all my Kahlua! lol. :)

GlorV1 said...

I agree, awesome? and you know what, I have Kahlua. I might drink it before I even make the cookies.:D They look delicious.

Deb in Hawaii said...

They look delicious--like a chocolate crinkle cookie. Love the fact there is Kahlua in them--Yum!

Finla said...

Yummy for a chocolate lover like me. Both looks so so yumm. Will start with the cookies :-)

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious! I love Kahlua!

Juliana said...

Kahlua, I love the flavor of this liquor...the cake and cookies must taste great...and they both look gorgeous :-) YUMMIE!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Gloria C: Just getting even for you eating all my chocolate!
Gloria: You know that coffee cup I had pictured next to the cookies? It didn't just have coffee. :)
Debbie: Yes, they DO look like crinkle cookies. The texture though is very brownie-like.
HC: I do hope you try them. The are sooo easy to make.
5Star: Thank you. From a fine cook like yourself, your comments are always a compliment.
Juliana: I also love the flavor of Kahlua. But you have to keep it hidden or Gloria C. will claim it's hers! (just kidding)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ramya Vijaykumar said...

I would also give a thumbs up for the cookies they look perfect!!! So is your cake, very indulging!!!

Malar Gandhi said...

Looks yummy, very interesting recipe as well...

Reeni said...

These look like a real treat Teresa! I love the idea of turning cake into cookies and vice versa.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online